Resources > Culture >
Thenthuk – Noodle Soup
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
1 small onion
1 small piece of ginger
1 small piece of mouli-daikon radish
Lamb or beef
2 oz plain flour
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
Spinach (frozen or fresh)
1 tablespoon of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of oil
- Knead the plain flour into a dough using only cold water.
Cover and leave for a while.
- Meanwhile, peel the mouli, cut in half, and slice into thin
- Wash fresh spinach leaves and chop into large chunks. If frozen
spinach is used defrost thoroughly. The amount used depends
on personal taste.
- Chop the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Cut the meat into strips and slice into thin pieces.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in a deep sauce pan, add
the meat and soya sauce, and stir well.
- Add two pints of cold water and the sliced mouli.
- While the water is boiling, take the dough and roll thinly
into a large chapatti-like shape.
- Cut dough into long 2 inch wide strips.
- Take strips and tear into small pieces.
- Throw the pieces into the boiling water and cook for five
- Add spinach and season to taste.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve hot.